Jack Perry will fight to hold energy utilities like Eversource accountable. Eversource raised rates this summer in the middle of the pandemic by one hundred dollars on average. At the same time, the Eversource CEO makes an annual salary of $19 million dollars. Worse, Eversource officials admitted that they are charging ratepayers $124 million dollars more than the cost of generating electricity. Worse, Eversource officials admitted that they are charging ratepayers $124 million dollars more than the cost of generating electricity.
“No more can a public utility be run simply to enrich its shareholders and executives. The days of Eversource as we know it will be over if you send me to Hartford to represent you in the State Senate” – Jack Perry
- Pass the Take Back Our Grid Act.
- Requiring Utilities to cover the cost of food and medicine that is lost by ratepayers during. prolonged power outages (more than 24-hours).
- Further investments in residential solar panels.
- Building a more resilient grid.
- Tighter oversight with a fiduciary duty to protect ratepayers.